2017 Calmbirth Course Dates
- 22 & 23 April
- 17 & 18 June
Are you stressed and anxious about labour and birth?
Are you worried your partner won’t know what to do on the big day?
Do you have loads of questions and feel too scared to ask?
Can you imagine feeling excited and confident about going into labour and birthing your baby?
Calmbirth is a simple, yet comprehensive course that empowers and encourages couples to trust their natural birthing instincts.
“We both found what we learnt at Calm Birth a very valuable tool and in particular I found the breathing and going into a zone a form of pain relief for me (if that makes sense). I would honestly do the birth all over again tomorrow, it was such a special and memorable experience for us and we thank you for giving us the tools to be able to achieve this.” Heidi & Ryan
"Even though we had to have surgery I really believe that the Calm Birth class gave Dave and I the skills to take labour as it comes and make decisions as they needed to be made without getting extremely stressed. It wasn't how we had imagined, but the result was the same and we are extremely happy to be parents of our gorgeous Baby Girl Grace." Paula
Here’s what the 12-hour Calmbirth® course includes:
- The negative impact of fear and anxiety
- How to calm your mind and calm your body
- How to breathe effectively
- The process of labour and birth
- The power of the mind and visualisation
- How partners can help the mother stay focused and calm
- What to do if you need medical assistance
- How to calmly and gently bring your baby into the world
Calmbirth® is experiential. You will have several opportunities throughout the weekend to lie down and experience the effect of relaxation on your body and mind
We recommend the best time to do the course is between 25-30 weeks or earlier if you are overly anxious about birth
Course fee: $395 per couple (terms & conditions below)
Includes: Calmbirth® book, USB stick with relaxation scripts and ongoing support
Venue: The Yoga Room, Harmony Centre, 43 Macquarie St, Dubbo
"The course was well worth the money. A lot of people said to us why would you waste your money it so expensive. But now I can recommend to anyone knowing they will come out feeling so reassured and confident about labour. We loved every minute.” T.M.
- If you plan to have an extra support person at the birth, it is recommended they also attend Calmbirth® (no extra charge)
- It is not always possible for partners to attend Calmbirth® and mothers are welcome to come on their own
- Whilst many first time couples attend Calmbirth®, it is still appropriate for subsequent pregnancies
- Maximum group size is 5 couples
- The course times are Saturday, 9:30am-4:30pm and Sunday, 8:30am-3pm
Health funds rebates available from:
- Grand United
- Australian Unity Health
- Teacher’s Health Fund
Terms and Conditions:
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required on booking to reserve your place in the Calmbirth® course
- You will receive an email invoice with details for direct bank deposit
- The balance of $295 is required fourteen days prior to the course
- A full refund will be issued in the event of a cancellation due to valid medical reason
- Calm Beginnings reserves the right to cancel a course in the event of unforeseen circumstances
- In case of course cancellation, your payment will be either fully refunded or your booking transferred to another date
A Calmbirth® Refresher Course (6 hours) is available for couples who want to review their birthing skills for subsequent babies
Just wanted to let you know that I had a boy last night at 9.04, Fletcher Mark. ... Read more
Our Obstetrician and the two midwives were very impressed with the delivery and the use of the calm birth breathing techniques to get us through. ... Read more
I loved the calm birth course, the information about breast feeding and bonding with your baby was lovely, and so important in getting an understanding of what babies are capable of. ... Read more
I was a VERY reluctant Calm birth participant-Alicia had to twist my arm to get me there. Because she had an emergency caesarian the first time, ... Read more
As a blokey bloke I didn’t know what to expect about Calmbirth and I didn’t know much about labour and the body, aside from what the old movies show you where the mother ... Read more
When I found out I was pregnant for the first time after trying for 6 years my first 2 reactions were utter joy and sheer terror - terror of labour and birth. ... Read more